Pages

Wednesday, May 23, 2012

PAD 5/23/12

5/23/12

We didn't get any more done on the deck today since we worked on school work and went to piano lessons. Today was the last day of lessons for this school year. Tomorrow night will be her end-of-year recital. She's been doing a great job at playing. She still thinks it's fun--that's a good thing. :o)

 
I almost didn't get a photo for today, then I remembered this little guy. Actually, I shouldn't call him little. For a moth, he's huge. Our Pastor is quite the bug expert, and was given a female luna moth a couple of days ago. He had her in a special cage and said that within a few minutes of putting the cage out at night, 2 males came along. While he was putting them into the cage, another one dive bombed him. Unfortunately, moths don't live very long, so after doing his fatherly job, this one passed on. Pastor has the female in a jar and she's already laid a hundred eggs or so. It should be pretty cool to see them develop. He gave this moth to Michelle and tomorrow we're going to do some research on how to mount it. I laughed 'cause when I went to take the picture of it, I found the cool whip container she has him in on the end table next to my bed where she's sleeping. She kept taking him out and petting him all afternoon. I have to say he is pretty soft, but is it weird that my daughter is playing with a dead critter?

Well, it is late and I need to get into bed. I haven't heard much from Mike, but I assume he's having a good time. I know their itinerary was pretty full, with late nights and early mornings, so I'm sure there will be lots to talk about when he gets home.

Till next time...
God's love and blessings!


No comments: