Pages

Monday, May 7, 2012

PAD 5/5/12


5/5/12

So, Saturday was pretty busy. I spent most of the morning baking cupcakes and prepping for our Ladies' Salad Supper while Mike and Michelle did some work around the yard. Here they're working on putting new weed cloth under the deck. Looks like hard work to me.


We surprised Michelle and didn't tell her her friends were coming over to play for the afternoon. She was so happy. :o) They had a great time playing in the creek. When it started raining, they just moved their play time into the garage.

That evening, Michelle and I went to the Ladies' Salad Supper. It was wonderful. Our theme this year was on having a contented heart. If our "treasure" is here on earth, if the things we crave and desire are earthly things, we will never be satisfied. However, if we seek God first, we will find joy and contentment in what He has blessed us with. This is definitely something I need to work on.

Michelle sang a special song for us at the supper. I thought you might like to hear it. Unfortunately, blogger won't let me upload the video. I've been trying since Saturday evening. I will try again later, but since it is now Monday, and I'm two days behind on the journal, I'm going to go ahead and get this one posted.

It's a beautiful day out here today and there doesn't seem to be any frost warnings this week, so I think I'm going to get some veggies transplanted to the garden today.

Till next time...
God's love and blessings,








No comments: