Pages

Friday, May 18, 2012

PAD 5/17/12-5/18/12

5/17/12

So, Thursday Michelle and I spent working in the house on school work and crafting projects. It was a little windy and chilly, so we didn't get outside much. After we finished our school work, I worked on some graduation cards and Michelle turned a box into a taxi cab. Too bad there isn't much room in there for passengers.


5/18/12

Yesterday may have been chilly, but today made up for it. We were in the 80s today and almost had to turn the AC on. I love living with all the trees around us. It definitely keeps the temps down in the house, but the upstairs still manages to get a little warm in the late afternoon on hot days. If tomorrow's this warm out we may have to kick the AC on since I have some work to do on cakes and our kitchen, as you may already know, is upstairs. I don't really want the frosting melting off the cake.

It was a beautiful day out, so Michelle and I spent most of the morning working in the veggie garden and trying to get some more pruning done on the blackberry brambles.


Do you see that? Those buds will be blackberries in a couple of weeks, and there's thousands of them in this patch--probably 3 times more than I had last year.


You see that? The arrows are pointing to those buds. I have to get through those old branches to get to the buds.


Do you see those thorns?! Yes, blackberries come with a price...usually some of my blood. I did remember to wear a long-sleeve shirt this time and didn't get cut up too much. I am slowly working my way through the old canes and trying to make paths through the brambles to get to the center. I guess I better hurry up and finish canning the berries I have in the freezer from last year so I will have room for this year's. Guess what I'm sending out for Christmas presents this year?

We are excited to find out that Nick will be out of the Air Force this September. That's a little earlier than expected, but his MOS (job) is over-manned so they are letting some out early. He will be coming home and then probably starting college next spring. Look's like Mike's going to lose his office soon.

Well, I'm hoping to get some more crafting done this evening so I will close here.

Till next time...
God's love and blessings!

No comments: